Today, I’d like to introduce you how to cook Japanese food “Chikuzenni”.
Chikuzenni is very popular and typical food in Japan.
We eat this for regular meal, and also for New Year’s celebration food.
Meaning of Chikuzenni
Chikuzenni is origianally from Kyushu area.
“Chikuzen” is the old name of a district in Fukuoka in Kyushu.
“Ni(Niru)” means “simmer”.
Chikuzenni is simmered chicken and vegetables.
Recipe for Chikuzenni (Japanese food)
Soup (niboshi or katsuo or kombu) 500ml
Sugar 2 tablespoon and half
Mirin 2 tablespoon
Sake 2 tablespoon
Soy sauce 80-85 ml
(How to cook)
1. Boil the beans until it’s soft.
2. Cut the konnyaku into bite-size pieces.
3.Boil the konnyaku for 3 minutes to remove the lye.
4. Cut the chicken and vegetables into bite-size pieces.
Boil the vegetables (carrot, gobo, lotus) for 3 or 5 minutes.
5. Stir-fry the chicken with some oil and add the vegetables and konnyaku and fry them for a while.
6. When the ingredients are covered with oil, add soup, sugar, mirin, and sake.
7. Drop a piece of aluminum foil directly on the food to cover it entirely.
8. Simmer on low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
9. Put soy sauce in it and keep boiling them until the ingredients are tender.
- Decorate the beans. Done!
Recipe for Japanese food “Chikuzenni” by Japanese wife
Today I introduced how to cook “chikuzenn”.
This is healthy food with some root vegetables.